Two Tomahawk area homes were struck by fires yesterday.
The first call came at just after 7:30 yesterday morning. The fire was located in the 800 block of East Somo Avenue. When crews arrived, the structure was fully engulfed, and the Tomahawk Fire Department quickly had it under control. The 2 story home is still standing, but the interior has significant smoke and fire damage.
Crews were on the scene for 3 hours. There was no immediate report on the cause or origin of the fire.
Then, last night fire crews were paged to a chimney fire on Sunset Point Road at just before 8. The structure was fully involved when the first units arrived on the scene. The structure is still standing but considered a total loss. Mutual aid was provided by the Nokomis Fire Department. Crews were on the scene for 3.5 hours.
There were no injuries reported in either fire.