Close

Not a member yet? Register now and get started.

lock and key

Sign in to your account.

Account Login

Forgot your password?

Fire at Home Near Tomahawk

22 Nov News

A fire struck a home early yesterday morning in the Tomahawk area.

The 911 call came in for the house fire on Selmer Road in the Town of Bradley at just after 5:30. Both the Tomahawk and Nokomis Fire Departments worked to extinguish the fire.

Initial investigation showed the fire started with a faulty fuse box. Those inside the home were able to escape. No injuries were reported.

According to the Red Cross, two individuals were displaced in the fire. Disaster responders met with the family to ensure that their immediate emergency needs for food, clothing, and shelter are met. The Red Cross will continue to work with the family through the Thanksgiving Holiday.

River Valley Bank in Tomahawk has set up an account for those that wish to help those individuals.