Close

Not a member yet? Register now and get started.

lock and key

Sign in to your account.

Account Login

Forgot your password?

Christmas Eve Fire in Vilas County

26 Dec News

A Vilas County man lost the contents of his garage in a fire Christmas Eve.

Vilas County 911 received the report of a garage fire at just after 8:00pm Monday on Walck road in the town of Arbor Vitae.

The resident at the property said his snowmobile caught fire inside the detached garage. By the time fire crews responded to the scene, the garage was fully engulfed.

Arbor Vitae and Woodruff Fire Departments extinguished the fire before it could spread any further. Unfortunately the garage and its contents are considered a total loss according to the Vilas County Sheriff’s Office.

No injuries were reported in the fire.