Close

Not a member yet? Register now and get started.

lock and key

Sign in to your account.

Account Login

Forgot your password?

Chimney Fire in Tomahawk Cottage

08 Feb News

Tomahawk Firefighters responded to a chimney fire in the overnight hours.

The department was called to the cottage on Chapman Cove Rd. at 1:30 this morning. According to their report, they took out the wall around the chimney on the first floor near a kitchen.

Officials noted that the driveway was not plowed, making it difficult to access the home upon first arrival.

They believe the fire was caused by creosote build up in the chimney. Crews were on the scene for around 2 hours. No injuries were reported.