Close

Not a member yet? Register now and get started.

lock and key

Sign in to your account.

Account Login

Forgot your password?

Pair of Fires Near Wausau Including Wendys

11 Oct News

Last night a fire broke out at the Wendy’s restaurant in Rib Mountain. Multiple area fire departments responded to the blaze, reported at just before 11pm last night. Firefighters were on the scene well into the early morning hours.

The building is considered a complete loss. The initial determination is that the fire began in kitchen area at an oven or stove.

Meanwhile, a fire that destroyed a home in Weston on Wednesday evening is believed to have started with a young child playing with a lighter and candle. That fire spread to the carpet and eventually the rest of the home.

Thankfully no injuries were reported in either fire.

Firefighters and Departments across the country are spreading the work about safety this week for National Fire Prevention Week. This year’s theme is “Preventing Kitchen Fires.” NFPA.org is a valuable tool to learn more about fire prevention for parents, kids and firefighters.